Welcome to our Bodyboss Home Gym 2.0 Review. The BodyBoss 2.0 Portable Gym is currently one of the leading home workout systems available on the market, especially for resistance band based exercise systems. It’s a top seller on many fitness retail marketplaces and a leading brand in the fitness industry in 2020.
With today’s busy schedules, for many people, there isn’t always time to get to the gym. Due to the Covid-19 situation, the gym isn’t an option for most people who are self-isolating right now anyway. The idea behind the BodyBoss 2.0 is that now we can work out from anywhere, especially from home.
Obviously there are various other similar products that are promising the same thing. So, what makes this portable home gym stand out from the rest? Why is it currently one of the most popular home gyms for people of all ages and fitness levels? In this Bodyboss 2.0 Home Gym review, we’ll find out the answer.
Overview: What You Get In The Package
The BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym is basically a resistance-based workout system with the main emphasis on portability. The overall design is fairly simple, but we have to say, really intuitive.
The BodyBoss 2.0 actually consists of several different parts in the package, and here we will discuss them one by one.
1.The VectorFit Base
Arguably, the base (called VectorFit) is the most important unit of BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0, and also what sets it apart from other resistance band-based workout systems available in the market today. The base allows us to use the resistance bands in several different configurations. These, in turn, allow us to perform various other exercises.
A really annoying feat—at least for me—when working out with resistance bands is the fact that I need to step on the band when doing arms and shoulders exercises. BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym provides a solution for this since we can now connect the band to the base so we don’t have to step on it. This doesn’t only make arms exercises a lot more comfortable, but actually provides more control and versatility over the resistance.
The base is 19.75 “(L) x 34″(W) x 1″(H) in dimensions and has 5 fold-up hooks on each side (10 in total) where you can attach the resistance bands. You can add resistance by attaching it on one hook and zigzagging it through another hook to “shorten” the band.
Overall, the VectorFit base is really innovative, the part that allows the overall versatility and functionality of the Body Boss 2.0 System.
2.The Resistance Bands
The resistance bands that come with the package are your usual standard bands that can produce up to 30 pounds of resistance for each.
The bands feature clips at both ends so you can connect these bands to the base and the other attachments (that we will discuss below). You only get two bands in the package, but you can purchase additional bands separately (or use those you already own, as long as they have clips).
They are about 30” in length, which is pretty standard. But taller people might feel a little limited on certain exercises.
You get a 360-degree rotation workout bar that is pretty handy for several exercises. Basically, the bar acts as the dumbells, barbell, and weights that you would usually lift in a gym. It can also be used as a squat rack. The end of the bar where the bands clip-on can freely rotate, so it won’t mess up the attached resistance band while you are working out. Also, it can be separated into two different parts for portability.
4.Padded Handles (2) and Padded Straps (2)
You get a pair of handles and a pair of wrist/ankle straps, which are pretty much your standard handles and straps. The straps are especially useful so you can perform various exercises that are otherwise unavailable without them.
The door anchor locks securely into any door frame and is useful for exercises like lat pulldowns and tricep extensions. This means you don’t have to always use the base for all your exercises.
Overall, although the BodyBoss Home Gym only includes two resistance bands, it is pretty generous with all the attachments, and you get also get a carrying case that stores all these attachments in one place for storage and portability purposes.
BodyBoss offers a 1-year warranty for all items included in the home gym package with a hassle-free return policy. A 1-year warranty for this kind of product is pretty average but is still quite decent since you can replace the resistance bands within a year, which are going to naturally break down sooner or later.
Exercising With the BodyBoss 2.0 Home Gym
According to BodyBoss’s claims, we should be able to perform over 300 different exercises. While it may be exaggerated (technically, there aren’t THAT many resistance band exercises), with the different hook positions and configurations you can use with the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0, you can basically do any exercise you can think of.
There are, however, some exercises that are quite difficult to do with the Body Boss. Performing a deadlift and bench press, for example, can be quite difficult since it’s difficult to get the resistance band short enough, but they are still doable.
BodyBoss does include a free exercise manual and more than 100 workout videos online.
All in all, the BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 offers an excellent exercise variety considering its very portable size, better than most home gym products available in the market, especially portable ones.
Benefits of Using Bodyboss
There are a few major benefits to using a home gym:
- You don’t need to leave the house (particularly important when self isolating). You can workout from home whenever you want.
- Saves you time – Going to a gym also takes time out of your day. You can fit a workout in with a compact piece of equipment like this any time of day or night.
- Saves money – Gym memberships can be expensive. Bodyboss is just an affordable one time cost and it’s so versatile that it can be used for almost any exercise that you can do in the gym. It CAN be used to replace a gym membership altogether as you can use it for a full body workout. Some people just use it to supplement their membership for times they can’t get to a gym.
- Weight loss – You can exercise to lose weight, build muscle and strength, tone up, get fit and healthy – pretty much all the same benefits you’d get from the gym. With BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0 you can really build up a sweat with every workout and feel the burn in your muscles. Within weeks it’s possible to see a real difference in your body and health.
- Workout program included – With a piece of equipment like this it’s important to know how best to use it to get the most benefits from your training. Bodyboss provide a free 3 week program designed to get you well on your way to fitness.
- Easy to store – Bodyboss Home Gym 2.0 folds up small and can be stored under a bed, at the bottom of a wardrobe, or in the corner of a room. Perfect for people with small living spaces or who just don’t want a roomful of equipment in their home.
- Can be used for physical therapy or rehabilitation after surgery or injury (consult a medical professional or physiotherapist first to find out what exercises you should or shouldn’t be doing) It’s also easy on the joints for people with joint issues.
- Very portable – The whole home gym only weighs in at 15lbs. It can be folded up and fitted into a suitcase for travelling, or a be easily thrown into the back of the car. Work out at the office, on holidays, or in a hotel. Many people choose this product just for its portability.
Pros and Cons of BodyBoss Home Gym 2.0
- Very reasonable price for what it offers – much cheaper than an equipment based home gym
- Portable and lightweight, you can workout anywhere
- Included door anchor, workout bar, handles and wrist/ankle straps, great included attachments for more versatility and value
- Comes in pink, green or yellow depending on which color you like best
- Included carrying case for attachments
- BodyBoss’s online workout videos and free workout programs
- Only 2 resistance bands are included in the package
- The attachments’ carrying case is separated from the base
- Only 1-year warranty
The BodyBoss Home gym 2.0 is, in one word, outstanding. It is designed to be completely portable, but with the versatile design and function, you can literally perform any workouts you can think of. Deadlifts, squats, upright rows, lunges and more. All manner of strength training and even can be used for cardio circuits.
The quality of the materials is impressive, all the included attachments are well-made and pretty durable. Resistance bands do wear out eventually so as I’m sure you’re aware, will have to be replaced at some stage (they should last for at least a year though).
It would have been nice if there are more resistance bands included and more overall resistance with the bands. Most people do end up investing in some extra bands just to reduce down time between exercises (saves you from having to reattach the bands). You might also want them for increased resistance. However, those are only minor issues and overall, excellent portable home gym system, especially if space is limited in your house.
Bodyboss Home Gym 2.0 is a game changer for toning without having to use free weights, improving your fitness, losing weight, and basically achieving whatever fitness goals you have.
One review I read while researching stated the following:
Best $200 I’ve ever spent
and most buyers feel the same – this is an awesome piece of kit!Click To Check Bodyboss 2.0 Price On Amazon